Welcome to The Steph Sanzaro Podcast, today I am joined by the radiant Bec Connolly for a very very special episode.
Before we begin, I must give a *Trigger Warning* for *Miscarriage*.
I recommend erring on the side of caution and moving through this episode mindfully. Feel free at any time to put the podcast down for while and to reflect upon the feelings that it may raise. Take the time to journal and to validate how it makes you feel. The invitation is always there to pick up the podcast again and to listen to this incredible story of hope.
Bec is the founder and owner of Botanicals by Luxe, a natural skin care brand launched in 2018 that has taken Australia by storm. Most surprising to learn however, is that Bec has a relationship to anxiety, has been diagnosed with endometriosis and PCOS, has experienced multiple miscarriages and is now the proud mum of two, to her loving husband Nato. Her story is nothing short of incredible and I am so honoured to be able to share it here with you today.
After a year of discussing the idea of meeting up to record an episode, and the world having other plans, Bec and I are so thrilled to finally get together today with the aim of raising awareness for mental health and to embed the message into people’s hearts that they are truly never alone.
In this episode Bec and I talk all things anxiety, skin health, miscarriage and self care. It is an episode that you truly do not want to miss. I could not help but be blown away by Bec’s story and to sit before her and to learn of her life and more importantly her strength, was simply remarkable. I am extremely inspired by this incredible woman and I know that you will be too!
In today’s jam packed episode beautiful Bec and I discuss:
- being diagnosed with endometriosis and PCOS and the unheard struggle behind fertility treatments
- the importance of raising awareness for miscarriage and words of hope and inspiration for all women
- the joy of giving birth to beautiful Ollie and Jack
- the scary experience of anxiety onset after birth
- the relatable fear of losing your family to COVID 19
- learning about your anxiety to better understand it and manage it
- how you can access a mental health care plan, normalising mental health and therapy
- why you shouldn’t be ashamed to utilise the wonderful resources like Beyond Blue and Lifeline
- creating a successful business as a mum and the hurdles she had to overcome
- how to incorporate more self-care in this season and tools for slowing down and taking time for yourself
- ‘mum guilt’ – making self-care a priority as a parent
- tips for ‘maskne’ – skin hacks
- setting boundaries and protecting your energy
This episode is magic. I cannot believe the amount of beautiful information this episode was able to encapsulate in as little as 53 minutes! That’s just how amazing Bec is!
I really hope that you loved this episode just as much as I did, I believe that it carries so much power and so much weight in raising awareness for miscarriage, anxiety and self-care. It is a message that is very needed in today’s world, I could not be more honoured to have shared the space with Bec to create this episode.
Thank you for taking the time to listen to Bec and I today, we are incredibly grateful!
I am going to list a few helpful resources for you just in case:
Here are some wonderful mental health resources we discussed today.
Beyond Blue – 1300 22 4636
Lifeline – 13 11 14
How to access a mental health care plan – https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/mental-health-care-plan
You can find Bec and her incredible product line here – Botanicals by Luxe
Find her on Instagram here – @botanicalsbyluxe
If you have any messages or thoughts, Bec and I would love to hear from you!
You can connect with me via instagram at @stephsanzaro
I appreciate your time more than you know and am so grateful for you listening to this episode today!
Love Steph x