Welcome to Episode 46 with Colleen Callander, Former Sportsgirl CEO, Founder of Mentor Me, Author of Leader By Design, Inspirational Speaker, Business and Leadership Coach and Non-Executive Director. Colleen is a powerhouse woman and today she is sharing her years of leadership knowledge with us all.
In today’s episode we are going to be talking about what makes a great leader and how you yourself can be the best leader that you can be. This episode is information packed, so having a note pad and pen ready will allow you to get the most out of this discussion. This episode is all about leadership, kindness, burn out, confidence and self-care, it is inspiring and empowering! Let’s get stuck in.
Colleen and I discuss:
- leaving school early and rising through the ranks all the way to success
- tips for managing burn out and signs to look out for
- boundaries, saying no and being okay with self-care
- why serving yourself, will help you serve others better
- why it’s time to throw out the term ‘work/life balance’
- could you use a little 45 TO THRIVE?
- how you can be the leader you’ve always wanted to be
- the benefits of leading with kindness
- why parenting and leading use the same principles
- a ‘people first policy’ and why you need one
- the old and new era of leadership
- building and honing confidence
- working on your inner critic to overcome stagnancy
- navigating small business in these crazy times
- does retail have a future?
- nurturing mental health in the workplace
I really hope you enjoyed todays episode with the incredible Colleen Callander, I know I personally took a lot away from this episode and feel much more equipped to be the best leader that I can be. The message that Colleen is sharing is so important and so powerful for all women out there. The world needs more kind and compassionate leaders and Colleen is helping to create a beautiful community of them.
If you would like to work with Colleen, I have added some links below where you can get in contact and work with her. Please do not hesitate to contact either of us, as we would absolutely love to hear what you thought of this wonderful episode.
Happy listening friends xx