Ive been playing around with a few pancake recipes lately and I’ve been really enjoying these protein pancakes I created!
I use Happy Way Vegan Vanilla protein in this recipe and it works really well to add that little protein boost first thing in the morning.
Pancakes are always a favourite but usually they are time consuming and make so much mess!
This recipe however takes me 10 minutes from start to finish and they are easy as!
Plussssss they are gluten free and PCOS friendly! 🙂 Enjoy!
Protein Buckwheat Pancakes
What you will need:
Fry pan, bowl, spatula, measuring utensils.
1/2 a Frozen Banana
3 Tbs of Buckwheat Flour
1 Scoop of Vanilla Protein (around 1 Tbs)
1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
1/3 cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 Tsp Olive Oil
1 heaped Tbs of Coconut Yoghurt
3/4 cup frozen Raspberries melted
1 tsp of Chia Seeds
1 heaped Tsp of Rice Malt Syrup
- Place half a frozen banana in a microwave safe bowl and place in the microwave for 1 minute. Remove from microwave. Mash until smooth.
- Next add 3 Tbs of Buckwheat flour to the banana bowl. Next add in the baking powder, the protein powder and the almond milk.
- Stir well to create the batter, smoothing out all lumps and creating an even consistency.
- Heat a pan on medium heat with 1 Tsp of Olive Oil. Turn the heat down to low, and pour the batter into the pan creating 3 even sized pancakes 5mm thick.
- Cook slowly until the batter starts to harden and create bubbles. Once you are confident the pancakes will flip, carefully use a spatula to turn them over.
- Cook until golden.
- Place the raspberries in a bowl and place in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Serve the pancakes on a plate with the coconut yoghurt, chia seeds and melted raspberries. drizzle on the rice malt syrup and serve.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe!